This page outlines the cookies that we use on our website, and what they do.
Cookies can be used for different purposes. These are:
- strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- analytical/performance cookies: to analyse the use of our website and its performance, in order to improve it (for example, to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it). This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- marketing/targeting cookies: these cookies record your activity as you use a service in order to target advertising to you. We do not use these types of cookies.
Different types of cookies
Cookies may be first party or third party. This refers to whether the cookie is set by our site or by another third party website.
- First Party. First-party cookies are those set by the website that is being visited by the user at the time – the website displayed in the address bar of your browser.
- Third Party. Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website you are visiting. If you visit a website and another entity sets the cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Cookies may also be persistent or session cookies.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies remain on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are used each time you visit the website that created the cookie.
- Session cookies. Session cookies are created temporarily. These cookies allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. A browser session starts you open the browser window and finishes when you close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
The cookies we use
Cookies set by us (first party)
|_ga, _gat, _gid||repair.eu||Used to distinguish users on the Google Analytics platform and to control the speed at which requests are made to the Google Analytics platform. Statistics derived from this information help us identify how well certain pages and aspects of the site perform, and where we can make improvements to help visitors access the information they need more quickly and with less hassle.||Analytical / Performance|
Cookies set by others (third party)
|__cduid||actionnetwork.org||Used to speed up page load times. Used by to CloudFlare to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. It does not contain any user identification information.||Necessary|
|__cduid||browser-update.org||Used to speed up page load times. Used by to CloudFlare to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. It does not contain any user identification information.||Necessary|
|_can2_session||actionnetwork.org||Used to maintain user sessions||Necessary|
|__stripe_mid, __stripe_sid||actionnetwork.org||Session cookies for Stripe.||Necessary|
If you opt-in, and subsequently wish to opt-out, you can do so by managing your cookies in your browser.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.