Make a short video for International Repair Day
On the 21st of October we’ll celebrate International Repair Day. For the occasion, repair cafes from all around the world will organise local events (you can find the nearest event to you in the map here) to express it clearly: people are asking for a universal right to repair.
We would like to harness the mobilisation of this international event and use it to push for more ambition in the ongoing legislative discussions on repair rules at EU level. This a big deal and a lot could be achieved, but we need to let politicians know that we are watching them and that we expect real change.
We would therefore like you to record and publish short video messages demanding a universal right to repair to your policymakers during your local events!
Share your political message! Feel free to use these messages as inspiration! You can use whatever language accommodates you!
- R2R members may record themselves (representing organisations),
- R2R members may record participants in IRD events speaking as EU citizens
- Anyone participating in European International Repair Day event or at home may record a video message of themselves
- Remember to ask the consent of anyone that may appear in the video
- Your video can be up to 15 seconds long
- Share it on your social media! Make sure to use our hashtags #Repairforeveryone and #Repairday
- Tag your policymakers! We have a list of the people you should tag divided by country here
- Remember to tag the R2R accounts so that we can reshare your post (you can tag us on Instagram or on X/Twitter)
Other ways to get involved
– You can also watch and share on social media our 1 minute video which explains how monopolistic anti-repair practices are making it hard and expensive for citizens to repair what they own.
– Send an email to your national representatives in the EU – in just a few clicks – to demand truly game-changing legislation!
We hope you have a fantastic International Repair Day! Any question? contact us on our socials!